Thursday, April 18, 2013

Poetry Slam with Animals


Happy Poetry Month!

I got such a kick out of this cartoon that I asked the writer of the cartoon, poet Barbara Crooker, if she would mind if I shared it on the blog.  She graciously gave permission.

So, a chicken walks into a poetry slam. . . .

Your crazy prompt is to write a slam poem written by the animal of your choice.  Which animal will it be?  A cow?  A pig?  A dog?  A cat?  An elephant?  A dolphin?  ?????

As always, I would love to read what you come up with.  Please share in the comments section.






1 comment:

  1. In the deep water eddy
    I waver
    I glide
    then along comes a worm
    and takes me for a ride
    up to the sunlight
    into a boat
    Soon I'll be dinner
    with breadcrumbs for a coat.

    ReplyDelete

I only ask that all comments be polite and constructive.